Thursday, January 12, 2017

What's Your Favorite Thing About This Rush Video?

Rush: a great rock band hailing from Canada with Geddy Lee as lead singer and bassist, Alex Lifeson on guitar, and Neil Peart pounding the drums. Music to my ears. Poetry meets sociology meets philosophy meets great riffs and music that makes you feel. Here they are back in the 70s with a great example of a three minute rock song, "Fly By Night." Watch it and please tell me your favorite thing that you see or hear.

a. Unconventionally long hair (using no product, mind you). Cheers for breaking gender norms regarding hair and refusing to use hair spray.
b. Lifeson's outstanding guitar solo beginning at 1:24
c. Peart twirling his drumsticks TWICE in a span of 14 seconds (2:08 first, and again at 2:22).
d. The lyrics. It's all about the lyrics. "Quiet and pensive/ My thoughts apprehensive/ The hours drift away"
e. Lee totally owning the ending. "My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend.........."
f. all of the above
g. none of the above

2 comments:

  1. Love the band; hate the fact that Peart is an Ayn Rand disciple. 😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bradley, thanks for commenting. I didn't know that Peart is a Rand disciple. I learn something new everyday!

      Delete