Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Most Beautiful Album Ever Made

The most beautiful album ever made is Kind of Blue. I've had the CD for longer than I can remember, but I'm not one to play CDs often these days. I have an iHeartRadio app that I frequently use to play music when I'm at home. I have stations for Miles Davis, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, Frank Sinatra, to name a few. One of the first songs that played when I opened up the Miles Davis station this morning was Flamenco Sketches, which is an amazing song. The next song that played was by Bill Evans, who played piano on Kind of Blue. It was Peace Piece, a lovely song. Now that I've shared the most beautiful album ever made and have finished up my second cup of coffee, I am ready to return to syllabi composition.

I'm teaching Research Methods this semester and two sections of a Special Topics course I'm teaching for the first time. I'm calling the course Sexualities. The book I'm assigning for the course is The Social Construction of Sexuality. I'm excited about the book and the course. Oh my, It Never Entered my Mind by The Miles Davis Quintet is playing now. Spectacular. I'm going back to my syllabi now, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment